2013-11-06

Long awaited happiness

This post supposed to be written months ago after A and I got together for a year but I've been procrastinating the idea until today. I realized if I don't grab a chance to voice out now I might lost the rights when things are over.
Seized the time and here I am! So, many of youuuuuuu might have wondered and curious to find out how do I know him how we got together how we managed to last why I wasn't back with Gabriel is Aaron better etc etc I've got so many questions about us from random on my ask.fm (I didn't link up my ask.fm with my blog/instagram/facebook/twitter I've no idea how you guys found me on ask.fm)

Hope this post answer doubts you have in mind! I wasn't really open/comfortable about sharing things about us on the blog initially... But I knew I would eventually. It's just a matter of time.

I knew Aaron through our common friend, W, and my first impression of Aaron wasn't pleasant on the 3rd day of CNY last year. He was so drunk so sweaty so unattractive. He kept on going around introducing himself to girls with his sweaty body................. Jane and I got the same introduction from him for times, until Sean had to make sure he don't come near to the both of us because we're afraid of him. That's how bad. The second time when we get to meet again was on W's birthday. We were joking about Aaron involving Jane's cousin, funny incident happened the previous time when Aaron overheard our mocking, and he confronted us asking if we know him because he don't know us and don't remember meeting any of us before. Yes, that's my boyfriend for you -.- We roughly told him how we got to know him and we partied together as a group, oh Aaron had his fling glued to him the whole night anyway so we didn't talk much and all we did was adding up each other on Facebook before we left and we never talk/meet again.

So what happened? How did we got together if that's the case? I find fate between us ironic.

Aaron and I bumped into each other again on the first of June where I joined Sean with his TS friends at winebar. Aaron was standing holding on with a beer, wearing his favorite CK tee together with his friends, which happens to be my friend's friend (again I know), when I walked up to him to say hi after recognizing him. We exchanged hug (I've no idea why) and small casual chats. No exchanging of contacts. Weird I know, but clearly this shows that both of us ain't interested in one and another; I was into a guy that smelled nice at that point of time.
Anyway I had arranged supper after my work with our common friend, W some day after 1st June. I still meet W as and when for dinner/supper after we don't go party together anymore and its always been just me and him thing so I've never thought there'll be a third party joining us that night and I was really looking forward to a good supper time (I had a long day at work). Pretty surprised when W told me to hop in the car and Aaron turned around to say hi... Hahahaha to be honest I was swearing in my head when I'm seated at the back wtf wts why is he here why am I such awkward situation again I just did not have any thoughts/expectations that I'll get to meet Aaron again and it just A.W.K.W.A.R.D. So we had supper bcm and udders, ended the session with a video which was really funny and I wanted to share it with Sean Greg so in the night I sent his a Facebook message asking him to send me the link of the video and he replied

June 6, 2012 8:10 am

Hehe sorry. Fell asleep super duper tired.
Just go YouTube type "is this home parody" laugh your socks off one more time
Add my no. XXXXXXXX then can what's app me

Si Hongster. HAHAHA Ok (I texted him still) and that's how the ball rolls. We chatted on and off after that. He was serving his last bit of NS and going thru bridging during that time and so coincident that he suck at Amaths and I'm strong in Maths so we started meeting up very often for "tuition" after his night classes... We did went out for movies and lunch twice or so but that was on the weekdays, during the weekends he always goes MIA drinking going out and being so busy with Idk what so I've never thought about liking each other. Till today, I still find the twist of fate irony. We're always in our perky self and I realized I'm always in a happy state after every time I see him. All these happened too hasty and next moment when I get to sort out my feelings its last weekend for the month and I was hesitating to go out as a date with him to his uncle's birthday celebration. We had this ambiguous relationship going on for quite awhile, I didn't agreed to be his girlfriend when he popped that question up because I'm unsure of where he stands, will he be able to overwrite my previous. This relationship continues, no more bringing up of whether I'm sure to be his girlfriend question because things between us went so briskly, we had very short honeymoon period, others like a year but ours only a month or less, and next thing I know is I need to be understanding because time for us can be so little in a week that I was crying for the uncertainty. Then I started to found out about little ugly things time and time........... I have no idea how did I managed to survive why did I even bother to search for strength and tolerance going through all ugly times... O'well, I guess its over now............... I've been through done that and I'm gonna be stronger than before ohyesah! During tough times at the end of the year, I need to make a decision and so I ended up choosing none and left Aaron too, for awhile. Two weeks for us to ascertain our relationship.

Things somehow got a little better day by day and I did my first post briefly about us earlier this year. This love just seems contradicting/absurd but its actually valid/true somehow in its own way. Paradox. Time to time I'm always trying to push Aaron away, I don't see what I can give him in the long run. I don't want to get married to him, fact is I've never dare to picture myself in such dream with him so we didn't start/touch on this topic. I'd tried my best to avoid the "future". I don't wish to plan travel trips months ahead with him, no one ever knows if anything would to happen in between months before trips so I didn't go Perth with him and his friends this October because he asked me whether I want to join them when they are booking their flights during April/May.

I'm serious being together with him but uncertain very doubtful insecure when comes to long term commitment. To be honest, I do not know what we shared that bond us together up till today as I'm writing this post. We don't talk on phone, we hardly chat on whatsapp.

But Aaron really changed into a better man, huge difference in the way he treats me now and start of this relationship. No more ugly hurtful things. Just his Dota and his time management. We had a lot of time together after his handover but most of the time we're doing our own stuff at home... He don't bring me out he don't like to go out he don't plan a day for me not to say romantic ones. The things he did for me that is romantic up to now only three; a breakfast served in bed cooked and served by him, Valentine's last minute prata and impromptu idea of buying candles from ikea to light up the outdoor spa area in the chalet. He don't gives me surprises and the only surprise, for the very first time, I was so delighted and felt so loved, even if it was just slices of awfully stacked chocolate cake which he got them after he went out to gym and lunch with his friends, knowing that I've no appetite. He goes out only with his friends he plays game the whole day I don't play his games neither do I want to learn how to play so that I can spend more time together I'm no near to be like that so like what other girls do, I complained and get annoyed when he plays games. Initially at the start he had no self control playing games, he go on and on with his games until he forgotten about our first year anniversary.... He was on his keyboard the whole day? Even when I'm crying in the same room as him he didn't even notice and gave me his attention only after he shuts down the computer which was about two in the morning? Upsetting much, he didn't do anything to make up for it. Ya now you all should be going wtv why are you still with him then and on and on. It was so hurtful so for the next day I didn't really talk much to him but Aaron just couldn't sensed my unsettle, and after I figured this is Aaron. He can't commit to my emotional well-being, especially the bad ones. No choice but to comprehend because I like him, still. Wtf did I even fall in love in this guy? And I did it over and over again from time to time when his sweet words and actions melts me. Sigh.

He had been a lot sweeter and more thoughtful now, although he's still a fucked up man. He had been trying to share affection with me, through times when it's most needed and when it's least expected. Of course all these didn't come easy, we got better and kind of met my expectations only after this August. There might be a lot to attract me out there, but I'm all good with what's mine for now. I'm contented, everyday in the state of euphoria. Of course I have to tell him thank you for enduring all my nonsense, staying when I tried pushing him away for no valid reason time to time, and of course trying his best to listen giving a second thought for me before making decision as well as tolerating my attitude towards him when I'm pissed. We're all good for now, we don't quarrel. I wouldn't called it a quarrel because all we did every time when we get unhappy is to trash things out, listen and give each other time to cool it off and back to square one (maybe for me he has to coax me a bit with his words and hugs but I swear I couldn't get mad at him for long). We don't come up with promises to keep or rules to follow to resolve the issue.

Oh and if you're wondering he's still into his game but he moderates his game timing now whenever he's at home unless I'm not around/watching drama with his parents and there will be times when he would leave me alone to go out for lan sessions with his friends in the middle of the night. I don't really like it when he does that but I understand that he needs to have his own time and space and doing things which I believe its a form of entertainment and source of life achievement for him so I sort of gave in to his obsession in games.

Hope that things will get better as time goes by. I'm smiling as I typed because Aaron just turned his head around to give me a wink halfway thru his intensive gaming session.

You see me in happiness, I'm happy.

"Break up with the guy you're with now, and fall in love with the guy who's right in front of you."

Sweetest sentence ever